Serving the UK OpenMP Community
Join us in Q4 2020 for the 3rd OpenMP Users Conference for talks and workshops aimed at furthering the collaboration and knowledge sharing amongst the UK community of high-performance computing specialist using OpenMP.
About the Conference
The conference is open to anyone who is interested in participating in, or contributing to, the UK community of OpenMP developers. It’s goals are to:
- Provide an opportunity for expert and novice OpenMP developers to enhance their skills.
- Share OpenMP programing knowledge and best practise amongst UK users.
- Network with fellow developers.
- Help to promote the evolution of the OpenMP standard.
- Provide a feedback channel to the OpenMP Architecture Review Board, so that the OpenMP language reflects the needs of the programmers who use it.
- Enable the exchange of ideas with vendors of OpenMP hardware, software and tools.
Plans for 2020
We are currently finalising our plans for the 2020 conference and we will publish the venue and dates as soon as they are confirmed. As part of this planning we are looking to collaborate with the wider UK HPC community and research groups. Once we have the dates and venue confirmed we will put out the official call for speakers and sponsored tutorial and workshop sessions.
Please feel free to contact us if you would like to register you interest in contributing a talk or would like to present a sponsored tutorial or workshop session.
Sign up for the latest conference updates. (no spam)
"The Met Office keynote and the discussions with other users were of particular value."
"100% of 2018 respondents said they would recommend the event to a colleague."
"100% of respondents rated the 2018 conference as excellent or very good."
Tim Lewis, Founder, Conference Organiser & Marketing Chair
Simon McIntosh-Smith, Prof. in High Performance Computing, University of Bristol – Conference Chair
Dr Mark Bull, Architect (Research and Training), EPCC – Program Co-Chair
- Jim Cownie, Independent – Program Co-Chair